Our cardiac team includes some of the most experienced and award-winning cardiac surgeons in the world, as well as a dedicated team of experienced cardiologists, cardiac nurses, physicians...
Yale Cardiac Surgery is a group of world-class heart surgeons, from the Yale School of Medicine Department of Surgery, devoted exclusively to the cardiac care of adults and children. Our surgeons perform state-of-the-art minimally invasive and traditional operations for the full range of cardiac diseases and conditions, including:
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Valve repair and replacement (aortic and mitral)
- Aneurysm repair (aortic, thoracic aortic, left ventricular)
- Arrhythmia (abnormal heart rhythm), including pacemaker and defibrillator insertion
- Heart failure, including artificial heart or ventricular assist devices (LVAD)
- Heart Transplantation
- Congenital and acquired heart disease
- Children's heart conditions, including tetralogy of Fallot, atrial and ventricular septal defect, and other congenital disease
Yale's survival statistics for coronary artery bypass, mitral valve replacement, and aortic valve replacement consistently exceed national and regional norm.
Yale Cardiac Surgeons operate at the Yale-New Haven Hospital and the Veterans Administration Medical Center, where they work closely with internists, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons in pre- and post-operative care. Faculty continue cutting-edge research in aortic surgery, transplantation, mechanical heart, and experimental cardiac transplantation programs, as well as vascular biology and transplantation immunology, including pathogenesis of coronary arteriosclerosis.