Neoplasms; Otorhinolaryngologic Diseases
My research interests parallel my clinical focus and include investigating the use of the robot in treating head and neck tumors and conducting small clinical trials to improve our understanding of head and neck cancers.
Extensive Research Description
American Cancer Society funded study to identify tobacco smoke mediated methylation changes in the oral mucosa as potential biomarkers of risk for head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Judson B, Miyaki A, Kekatpure V, Du B, Gilleaudeau P, Sullivan-Whalen M, Mohebati A, Nair S, Boyle J, Granstein R, Subbaramaiah K, Krueger JG, Dannenberg AJ. Ultraviolet radiation inhibits 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase levels in human skin: evidence of transcriptional suppression. Cancer Prev Res. 2010 Jul 19.
- Boyle JO, Gumus Z, Kacker A, Chocksi V, Bocker J, Zhou Xi, Yantiss R, Hughes D, Du B, Judson BL, Subbaramaiah K, Dannenberg AJ. Effects of Cigarette Smoke on the Human Oral Mucosal Transcriptome. Cancer Prevention Research. 2010 March (3):266-278
- Judson BL, Kraus DH. Local Management of Melanoma, in Cutaneous Malignancy of the Head and Neck: A Multidisciplinary Approach, Randal S. Weber and Brian A. Moore Eds., San Diego, CA: Plural Publishing, 2010.
- Judson BL, Shaha AR. Nuclear Imaging and Minimally Invasive Surgery in the Treatment of Hyperparathyroidism. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2008 Nov;49(11):1813-8.
- Judson BL, Shah JP. Surgical Approaches for Oral Cavity Cancer, in Atlas of Otorhino-laryngological Surgery, Chris De Souza Ed., New Delhi, India: Jaypee Brothers, expected summer 2010.
- Nair S, Kekatpure VD, Judson BL, Rifkind AB, Granstein RD, Boyle JO, Subbaramaiah K, Joseph B. Guttenplan JB, Dannenberg AJ. UVR Exposure Sensitizes Keratinocytes to DNA Adduct Formation, Cancer Prevention Research. 2009 Oct (10):895-902.
- Boehmler JH, Judson BL, Davison SP. Reconstructive application of the endotine suspension devices. Arch Facial Plast Surg. 2007 Sep-Oct; 9(5):328-32.
- Wallace KN, Dolan AC, Seiler C, Smith EM. Yusuff S. Chaille-Arnold L., Judson B, Seirk R, Yengo C, Sweeney HL, Pack M. Mutation of smooth muscle myosin causes epithelial invasion and cystic expansion of the zebra fish intestine. Developmental Cell. 8(5)